Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's time to make New Year's resolutions

Happy New Year!!
As I’ve done for at least a dozen years, I will relay some New Year’s resolutions that were conveyed to me either through test messages, confidential sources, Morse Code or smoke signals. If you’ve made any resolutions or know of someone who did, feel free to add them in the comment section.
Without further ado:
-I, Mayor Lou Rosamilia, hereby resolve to hold a press conference now and again and actually answer questions. In all my years, I have never seen a mayor release a budget and not hold a press conference to explain nuances and answer the inevitable questions reporters will have.
- I, Councilwoman Lynn Kopka – I was Council president until that damn Rodney Wiltshire outmaneuvered me with the Independence Party line, – hereby resolve to not be too upset about not getting to chair the Planning Committee like I wanted and instead will focus all my time and energy on sewer and water lines in my new role as chair of the Public Utilities Committees. Damn that Wiltshire. Oh, and I hereby resolve to spay and neuter more cats … but I’ll tell you one guy I’d like to neuter.
-I, Council President Rodney Wiltshire, hereby resolve not to thumb my nose at Kopka or Rensselaer County Chair Tom Wade more than three times a week. I also resolve to stop putting foolish selfies on the internet so political opponents can use them against me.
-I, Deputy Mayor Pete Ryan, hereby resolve to get to the bottom of what the demolition on King Street was all about. Or, what I really hope is the whole thing goes away because that will make everyone’s life a whole lot easier. I also resolve to pray every day that we don’t get any more snow … that last storm was a bitch without a Department of Public Works commissioner to guide the troops.
-I, Deputy Mayor Pete Ryan, want to change my resolution and hereby resolve to talk Rosamilia into using the $30,000 we’re paying the police commissioner towards hiring a DPW commissioner because I know nothing about plowing snow.
-I, Director of Planning Bill Dunne, hereby resolve to not get into any more fights in the office, especially with city Engineer Russ Reeves who can probably clean my clock if he really wanted to. I too resolve to get to the bottom of the King Street demolition, but not until I’m no longer director of planning.
-I, Fire Chief Tom Garrett, hereby resolve to not tear down anymore buildings in the city while Reeves is out of town … and I don’t care who tells me to. I also resolve to agree to take myself out of the union so I don’t earn anymore obscene overtime.
-I Police Chief John Tedesco, hereby resolve to kiss and make up with Police Commissioner Anthony Magnetto and Mayor Rosamilia and let them control the day-to-day activity of the Police Department. OK, I’m kidding. If they don’t give me control of the TPD, I’m following through with my lawsuit.
-I, Police Commissioner Anthony Magnetto, hereby resolve to kiss and make up with Tedesco. Actually, this one has a chance of lasting because I’m going to step down sometime soon and we’re both decent guys who go way back.
-I, Police Benevolent Association President Bob Fitzgerald, will stay out of City Hall and let Tedesco do the chief’s job as he sees fit. I see this one lasting about as long as Tedesco backing off and deciding to go down without a fight.
I, Councilmen Jim Gordon and Dean Bodnar, hereby resolve to soak Wiltshire for all he’s worth since he needs our Republican votes even though he’s a Democrat.
-I, District Attorney Rich McNally, hereby resolve to do a better job as a Supreme Court judge than I did as DA.
-I, County Executive Kathy Jimino, hereby resolve to put out a press release the next time I give myself and top aides a raise rather than have it come out after the election.
-I, the local media collectively, hereby resolve to pick up on any aforementioned raises before Election Day since it was in the originally proposed budget.
-I Green Island Mayor Ellen McNulty, hereby resolve to shake things up a bit, outside of scaring some geese out of the village with an air horn, to give the media something to write about.
-I, Assembly Speaker Shelly Silver, hereby resolve to only hire interns and lower level employees who accept the fact a pat on the butt is not only a compliment, but part of their job description.
-I, former Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno, hereby resolve to continue to fight the federal government with all I have.
-I, former Gov. Eliot Spitzer, hereby resolve to stay out of the tabloids for a whole year. But that would mean no sex for a year. Ahhh … screw it (pun intended) … there is worse things than having my photo on the cover of The Post.
-I, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, herby resolve to get off the fence and either act like a Democrat or a Republican. It's kind of humorous I can try to be a good old boy and ride snow mobiles in upstate while passing the SAFE Act and not make a move on hyrdofracking.
-I, former DPW Commissioner Bob Mirch, hereby resolve to wear shorts for 365 days in 2014, breaking the old record of 357 days in 2013.
-I, former mayoral and Council candidate Carmella Mantello, hereby resolve to run for office again at the first opportunity.
-I, Albany Mayor Kathy Sheehan, hereby resolve to not compare myself to outgoing Mayor Jerry Jennings. I also hereby resolve to try and figure out how I can get the rest of the world to follow suit.
-I, Rensselaer County Democratic Party Chairman Tom Wade, hereby resolve to bring the Democratic Party together under one big happy umbrella.
-We, the delusional bunch, (Clemente Campana, Michael LoPorto, Robert Martiniano among others,) collectively hereby resolve to continue to drive Wade nuts. Wiltshire and the likely Troy Council President Pro Temp Ken Zalewski also have a similar resolution.
-I, Troy Democratic Party Chairman Jack McMann, hereby resolve to pull my head out of Wade’s … never mind, this is a family blog.
-I, Jim Franco, the author of this blog, hereby resolve to get a job where I can have as much fun as I did at covering news at The Record.
-We, The Record, hereby resolve to have later deadlines to get such things as election results and sports scores in the printed version, find someone with institutional knowledge to write editorials, and update out website more than once a day.
-We, readers of The Record, collectively, hereby resolve to not cancel out subscription and even pay for the online version even though the news is a day late.
-And if the above said resolution is not possible, then continue to read my blog and check me out every Sunday morning from 10 to noon on Talk1300.









 

 

95 comments:

  1. I Carmella resolve to switch parties this year and become a democrat. After all I have been communicating with democrats and having coffee with them behind the scene. Then next year I will run for council and win.......then in three years I will run against Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God forbid she be friends with democrats! The horror! What, Troy Dems and Republicans are supposed to shoot each other on sight? Get a grip

      Delete
  2. Isn't it funny how the republicans have turned on the golden girl. Just a little over two years ago Mirch, Crist and Kathy were meeting weekly to promote and run Carmella's campaign. She worked extremely hard yet lost, in part because of her relationship with Kathy, Mirch and baby Mirch-Crist. Now they've turned on her and even aided a loopy democrat Wiltshire. I for one would like to see Carmella switch and win to finally help make these people go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry --but she turned people off with her me-me-me-campaign, and brought absolutely nothing to the table. I doubt Tom Wade wants losers on his ticket. Maybe the delusional misfit mafia might find her a home in the land of misfit toys.

      Delete
  3. I Lou promise to stop lying and respect my employees. I won say things to ones face and then backstab them. I will do whats right and step down and let someone who knows what they are doing step up. Ha who am I kidding. I only care about myself and padded income

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Pete will stop lying to your face and follow thru on my word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rodney will come to the realization I am not king and council president is a title and I will promise to stop flying fish and blowing snow into the streets I will keep Jolene in check she is not troys First Lady. I will keep my to tongue off the internet and other ridiculous selfies

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Monica will actual do something to earn my paycheck and stay away from open flames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not the cowardly anonymous critic to counts; not the coward who points out how the strong person stumbles.... the credit goes to the one who's hat is in the ring. (Bastardized TR) Monica has been nothing short of spectacular.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Susan must have gotten some free Ida money and Monica must have taken the cedit not bill or the board. What ashame

      Delete
    4. Ahh yes Monica has gotten this woman publicity and also has Krispin do all the work on Monica's cars she also has the spokesperson and the twins work there. Connections of course

      Delete
    5. Maybe Susan can dunk the twins in chocolate that way they really fit in at the confectionary when the shirt comes up next time.

      Delete
    6. No one gave me money, unfortunately, but you already knew that. And what it with that obsession over Jessica's chest? I'm pretty sure she's not into you.

      Delete
  7. I sibley promise to keep the twins in the shirt when at the wine barn or Dino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were out at te wine bar tonight

      Delete
  8. ABC -Anybody But Carmella

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be nice to see Deputy Mayor Pete Ryan actually make at least ONE phone call back to anyone that he has promised.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pete makes empty promises.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I robert cox will learn to love and respect Vito. We will be friends

    ReplyDelete
  12. I high tops Sheehan will keep my cool and change my foot cover of choice to something popular within the last 10 years. Say bye to hitops say hello to air Jordan's

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sheeran is goiing for the reebok pumps

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Corky Ryan will try to do all I can for my family and extended family to include future inlaws to get them on the payroll in the city of Troy. Now that I have gotten my 40 year old son a job as a fireman it should get easier. If we tear down 2 more building he could be assistant chief.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to see rodney make his flying fish twerk while operating the fish with his tongue please don't clean the house either that just adds to the enjoyment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Masonic temple caretakerJanuary 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM

    It's snowing be sure to drive by Rodney's house make sure he's not blowing the snow from his sidewalks into brunswick road. He's so stately now why isn't he assisting by driving a. Plow. Harry did. Chappy did

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, Robert Charles Cox, on behalf of the Cox family promise that we will clean up the old Ward's site of all the unsightly cars and garbage. If not for the Rats, Harry and all those I (we) despise, I know it is the right thing to do for our neighbors and the environment. I also acknowledge that in doing so it might not make the ZBA approve our site, but might make people actually think we are somewhat decent people. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I robert cox will sit down when vandenburgh tells me too. Just Ike a puppy oh that's right I already dis

    ReplyDelete
  19. I MIke Hayner will actually put the plow down on my way home to Brunswick in the City Truck. Hey everybody knows I ain't no Mirch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I Nina will continue to explore all the good things that Troy has to offer.
    I Gary Guluski promise to --ugh -ugh --I forgot. But I get 2 committees though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tim mattice will drive home safe to gloversville I too am from where franco hails

    ReplyDelete
  22. I sondra little will drive home safe to melrose

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bobby cox will leave vandenburgh a car alone lug nuts and all I know crist will find me

    ReplyDelete
  24. I Lou will actually do something to earn my pay

    ReplyDelete
  25. I Monica will stay away from open flames and bring at least one business to troy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't make fun of someone with a physical disability.

      Delete
    2. Yes despite physical flaws she is still a nice person

      Delete
  26. We, the Troy City Council, vow to improve all of Troy instead of just the downtown area. We acknowledge that South Troy, North Central and Lansingburgh have some real eyesore areas and vow not to forget these neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I Russ will never put my hands on Bill D again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look for Peter and Lou to reward Kevin McGrath for all his good work for dividing our Democratic Party with an appointment to the assessment board at 2k a year. This is a not a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For him they got rid of Gerry Fitzgerald? They should be ashamed of themselves allowing a convicted felon to have anything at all to do with city business. He was, and will continue to be a disgrace. Another reason why people call us Troylets. Can't wait to see how many of the council people will vote for this appointment.

      Delete
    2. Kevin McGrath has a better chance of getting into Harvard than getting appointed to anything by anyone. Lou and Pete thank God every day he's gone.

      Delete
  29. Ooops. Sorry. I didn't realize this was the planning and zoning boards "good old boys" bash anything that smacks of estrogen party. Well... minus McGrath. Carry on with your silliness. I have a real job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Who has a real job? And doesn't Wade and McCan tell them who to appoint? That alone I would think Mark McGrath has a better chance than Kevin.

      Delete
  30. No it's not Harry's appointed board members. Just citizens who see this city for what it is. A joke. An that includes all the boards let's send another business parking because they didn't want car chargers. Or let's lower Lynn's assessment or let's allow for cox family to operate a resturant. Or let's give buell another tax credit. Boards are a joke just like the so called mayor.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Word is billy dunne bashes Monica in this forum because she steps on his feet an is becoming a threat. Look out Monica. He took out vic and he can take out you. Will he frame you next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Bill Dunne stepped on anyone's feet they'd wind up in the hospital with fractures

      Delete
    2. What happened to Russ and his lanky feet

      Delete
  32. I Jim Gordon will try to find an income not provided by taxpayers or gained by appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I jim Gordon will stop wearing pretending I play in a band. I will bring baby r us to burgh. I will continue Vito's quest of a better burgh he coaches me

      Delete
    2. Lou upset all the publicity Vito gets on the blog. He thinks world should revolve around him he is king. He mad Vito is citizen of year over him

      Delete
    3. Vito Your Candle is getting burned down lower than ever when the Republicans realize your one of there biggest Liability's They will drop you like a used condom.

      Delete
  33. The caption for the picture of Lou. Where am I. Pete did you change my diaper. Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lets all see what kind of a leader in district 1 that Jim Gordon is going to be. Your on the clock Jim let's see what you do with 18 112th street and the Cox family. You have been doing a "dress rehearsal" for over 10 years now 3 days into your first(or last depending on how you handel this)term you have a burn out on a gateway into your district. People think you sold out to Rodney and we know Rodney sold out to Cox. Lets see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rodent rodney has already promised that the garage can open next to snowman. He forgot he can't tame vandenburgh so it's an empty promise.

      Delete
    2. Maybe they can create a lot for charging electic cars after they leave the new Stewarts

      Delete
    3. The boy that own pips must have thought bobby was at his families property

      Delete
    4. Will he be distracted by the pitter patter of tiny feet? Stay tuned

      Delete
  35. I Harry Tutunjian, resolve to keep ignoring the fact that the voting public wants me gone, and to follow the career path of Rich Crist by bilking the taxpayers through no-work patronage jobs that let me sit and bitch all day on twitter and the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Land of Misfit Toys just loves Tut! Never forget people, that Tut ran a business for many years in the private sector. A legal one I might add, that actually payed taxes --unlike many in the paving and tree removal business. Many of you forget that the mayor before Harry was rewarded with a 100k+ job with the state after his 2 terms. Not saying it's right or wrong --just saying, that's the way it is with politics. Apparently the disciples of the out going disgrace of a councilman aren't being fed this info by their hero.

      Delete
    2. so what you are saying is that harry served two terms and can only get a made up clerks job for 20k and health insurance? (let us not forget retirement) He may want to stop at Francesca's and grab a glass of juice, cause he certainly ain't got none anywhere else....

      Delete
    3. What disciples did he ever have. All the kids he mentored that never met him? what a joke.

      Delete
    4. Harry your never going any where everyone has your number.
      You don't have the Troy Record any more to take your pictures where every one else did all the work.
      Your Political career is finished you cant represent Troy ever again and the biggest joke is you still show up at the Troy City Counsel meetings and you have to stay near a Cop in fear of reprisels for you actions against Troys Citizens your a pariah.

      Delete
  36. My family we rebuild where fire. We create park to denounce rat citizen Vito and vandenburgh and chamberlain. Pete don't call back I go to organizational meeting next week and say hi glad to see everyone in new council Rodney tell me he got my and family back and randy too. He give randy chance to interview city clerk and I help him with snow blowing and then they let jack rj open wards like when I weld there with sunny doine and Chet demers and jack jr have business should be mayor he always Reading as kid very bright head always in book that's a fact jack and Vito rat leg and vandenburgh chamberlain number one reason this city is where is. I call Lou he not answer to vent here on rat franco and caprod blog and kitty litter record paper wards will et tow contrac like rodney say and I cut trees and bring old toys up from Florida. My s10 nice ride my dune buggy now orange and one with most toys wins. That's my motto my wife wins that she don't need any of me we

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir --you are certifiable --get help.

      Delete
    2. I ck e here for. Florida leave my multi million dollar business to help my family and nephew start a million dollar operation and deal with caprod who I call over and over and franco rat citizen Vito and vandenburgh and chamberlain the one person destroying this city. Randy me and john all see they these jack legs and that's a fact jack we see Pete don't return call so I go talk to council on Thursday and say hi so no call me certifiable j am ding my families work like growing up in troy dog eat dog and look for articles about east greenbush and old harry articles with randy and say two ton engine and we laugh but group private and me and rady and John and Eddie all discuss troy and how it hound be whe kip mcquure was here is always a runner have him run turkey troy.

      Delete
  37. Jim's first move is to hire a lawyer for the minority. Another job for Hank and a wasted layer of government costing tax payers $15000. Good move Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin you were forced out and never would have been reflected anyways. Give it up

      Delete
  38. Thanks Kevin --saw your same post on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on man, he can only come up with one thought a day. And usually not even that

      Delete
    2. Whatever jim at least my page isn't protected from outsiders. Transparency huh?

      Delete
    3. It's protected from a few idiots who live outside the 'burgh DA

      Delete
    4. Awwww isnt that sweet Kevin the defender.

      Delete
  39. Garrett said the building on 112th will be "torn down"? Unless Tom and the administration pull a King Street that building will sit rotting forever. Rodney and his clown council are tight with the Coxs and Lou-ser and spineless Pete are afraid of them. Bring back Mirch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russ will take the building down. He will throw bill dunne thru the wall like he promised he would. Russ don't take from billy bully dunne and he's gonna bring sondras back. They worked together well

      Delete
  40. I second that. Physical flaws but she's nice

    ReplyDelete
  41. If Monica is met with Vic's fate what will she open as entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tea & Tee shirts? Am I right? What did I win?

      Delete
  42. Wallace altes another useless hire one of Lous friends at least harry hired people with intelligence. This man just has little man syndrome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy is clueless. He gives buell and nardacci tax breaks then accepts a job with nardacci. Conflict. No not in Lou's troy. Is say take back te money and the marina. Conflict interest

      Delete
  43. Who head the water deptartment. What a joke that is. Another friend of Lou's. Wheland. Poor bonesteel got the shaft because he votes with an R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this is lesson in futility trying to reason with the little snipping dogs at the heals of the administration, but Whelan is non political and Bonesteel retired. Harry should get a life and stop harping on snow removal. Whelan has been a long time bright and solid employee. You've got Lou, Ryan, Dunne, Drowzd, Perry, Sibley and the least competent of them all Cassidy. I guess if we delved into the county we could put Harry in this group too.

      Delete
    2. I Ian Silverman will resolve to not tape some ones Conversations
      Prediction I will Run against Matt Turner and get my ass handed to me in a hand basket.
      I will send you 100 Dollars worth of Squirrel Food Ian.

      Ha Ha I still have 90 Thousand Dollars left for the next election good luck Ian your going to need it.

      Delete
  44. Harry may be busy with 2 fake twitters now

    ReplyDelete
  45. That pic of Lou is priceless. Hus face says did I change my diaper before this ribbon cutting

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lou is an accountant. When will he put 2 and 2 together and realize no one likes him or approves of the job he is doing

    ReplyDelete
  47. I Henzo resolve to continue to remind everyone than any moron can grill; But this, this is barbeque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree --it's all in the dry rub.

      Delete
    2. No way, the sauce is the boss :)

      Delete