Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The unspoken items on some gratitude lists


It’s Thanksgiving Eve and I’m sure the elected officials and appointed officials in the Capital Region all have something – family, friends and other loved ones – for which to be thankful.
I’m sure too there are those things they are nearly as thankful for, and for which they mutter a quick prayer to the God of their choosing as they walk to the car after a day’s work or perhaps as they lie in bed waiting for sleep to end the day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
-Mayor Lou Rosamilia: I am thankful I only have 13 months and three days left in this gig.
-Deputy Mayor Pete Ryan: I am thankful I only have 13 months and three days left in this gig … now if only the governor’s office would call me back so I can land over in Albany somewhere. If Mirch can get a job over there I can, damn it.
-Planning Commissioner Bill Dunne: Thank God we have 13 months and three days left. Think of the fun we can have. Come on guys, we have to get Mayor Lou re-elected.
-Fire Chief Tom Garrett: I am thankful the city is in such dire financial straits because nobody has mentioned King Street (outside of FBI, DEC and EPA agents Johnson, Johnson and Johnson … no relation) in at least a month.
-Police Chief John Tedesco: I am thankful the weather is getting cold and crime is back down to normal.
-Take Back Troy (collectively): We are thankful that someone just spit on the sidewalk so we can post about it on Facebook and then fight about who we’re supposed to call.
-Kevin McCashion: I am thankful I live in Troy and will never have a shortage of things to Tweet about because there is always something going on that is #troycrazy.
-Carmella Mantello: I am thankful the Board of Elections screwed up the 2013 election because now I can say I may have won and still be a viable candidate for mayor. I am also thankful the Republicans have all but thumbed their nose at me so now I can run a primary against whoever they put up and not feel at all bad about it.
-Rensselaer County Democratic Party Chairman Tom Wade: I am thankful for … well I’m not thankful yet but I will be thankful when Mayor Lou opts not to run again.
-Council President Rodney Wiltshire: I am thankful I’m not mayor and can blame the financial mess on Mayor Lou. At the same time, I can plead ignorance of the whole thing and get away with it, and I can hold hearings to get to the bottom of who knew what when about the King Street demolition. It’s good not to be king … yet.
-Lynn Kopka: I am thankful I’m not Council president any longer because these guys are harder to corral than feral cats.
-Rev. Willie Bacotte: I’m thankful I no longer live in Troy … those folks caught onto my scams pretty quick.
Former Police Benevolent Association President Bob Fitzgerald: I'm thankful I'm no longer president for the same reason Bacotte is ... except it took them a little longer.
-County Executive Kathy Jimino: I am thankful for Mayor Lou because he makes me look good. Or, if not good, then everyone just ignores me and that’s even better.
- Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin: I am thankful for Gov. Andrew Cuomo … since I live upstate all I have to do is mention his name and I get votes.
-Rensselaer County District Attorney-Elect Joel Abelove: I am thankful for the same thing McLaughlin is.
-City Court Judge-Elect Jill Kehn: I am thankful for Rich Crist and his ability to get me the minor party lines. Without them, the fact I practiced law without a license for six years probably would have kept me off the bench.
-Councilman Gary Galuski: I am thankful this is my last term on the Council. It’s a pain in the butt and the paycheck got me in all sorts of trouble with the state Department of Labor – it seems like they frown on collecting unemployment while earning money.
-Chairman of the Legislature Martin Reid: I’m glad to be a Republican but because I am one I am on the front page of the Times Union for the same thing Galuski got jammed up for and all he got was a passing mention.

-The Record editors: We are happy nobody reads our newspaper any longer because at least now nobody will know how bad it really is.
-Councilman Jim Gordon: I am thankful for Mayor Lou because now a Republican has a shot at becoming mayor. Now if only Carmella would go away the nomination will be mine by default.
-Councilwoman Erin Teta-Sullivan: I'm thankful nobody knows who I am.
-Former Mayor Harry Tutunjian: I’m thankful I’m not in Mayor Lou’s seat right now because there really isn’t anything anyone could do about the financial mess.
 -The UFA and the PBA (collectively): We are thankful nobody in government has a spine or they would take the next logical step and lay some of us off.
-Jim Franco: I am thankful that people still read my stuff.
-The Friends of 112th Street (Collectively): For all the above mentioned characters for giving us limitless material for jokes.
This list will be added on throughout the Thanksgiving Day and please feel free to add your own.
Happy Thanksgiving!

46 comments:

  1. I am thankful I have a job where my supervisor lets me come into work late everyday and allows me to ignore my duties and send text messages for the 5 or so hours I'm in city hall. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Councilwoman Robertson: To be able to be STAND UP up and WALK-OUT in the face of diversity and criticism...... For my friends who FIERCELY DEFEND our COMMUNITY despite the inaction .... to tirelessly work within our CHOSEN community....be it the GRACE of GOD and to GOD BE THE GLORY to my brothers and sisters in CHRIST!!! AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is Councilwoman Robertson ?

      Delete
    2. "Chosen community" you live there because you "choose" to live off the public teet.

      Delete
  3. I am thankful that when the City of Troy had their last financial crisis I had the pleasure of working with both an intelligent mayors staff and a council that understood the situation and acted accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which political party were you a member of at that time ? Oh, hang on a sec, I remember.....you were part of the Democratic veto proof majority and your betrayals were meaningless during that Democratic administration. It's a long time since Pattison had to clean up the Dworsky mess that the Republican city council ignored.

      Delete
    2. Frank, are you saying Lou, Pete, Dunne and the council aren't intelligent?

      Delete
    3. I'm thankful that the smell of onion is no longer detected in the city council chambers or the Democratic Party anymore. Frank who?

      Delete
    4. I think Frank is right on some things. Ken should have been President, the Rod is still too immature for the job.

      Delete
  4. As a resident of Troy, I am thankful the residents are finally putting their foot down and demanding more transparency in how the City is run. Maybe, just maybe, The current administration will leave on a good note and cut the fat from staff and the new administration coming in will continue with the same belief that they "pay to play" days are over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You drank the kool-aid huh

      Delete
    2. Your pathetic, you make all these business deals to get people to live here by renovating buildings but yet dont make your employees live here. What a dummy.

      Delete
  5. What do you think Sheriff Mahar is thankful for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For starters, he should be thankful for treating his office as if it was a no show job.

      Delete
    2. The sheriff is grateful that his democratic opponents keep destroying themselves with their own unsavory behavior. Keep em coming....that's a fact Jack.

      Delete
    3. The Republicans because they will support him again

      Delete
    4. Is Russo going to run?

      Delete
  6. Pretty accurate and pretty funny at the same time. Thanks, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all the Insanity - This Year : We might need to make the Friends of 112th Street a Sleepover !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful to be showing off my muscles on the beach instead of voting on the budget, SUCKAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be saying that when it comes to getting supporters

      Delete
  9. Jim Gordon will get the Mormon vote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard Gordon tell Franco he will make a decision by the end of the year to run for mayor. My advice is to do so. Jim will at least have a slim chance at winning. I hear Kevin McGrath is running in D1 and as everyone know he will beat Jim like a drum as he has in the past.

      Delete
    2. They both do it for the kids

      Delete
    3. Voter fraud/ Cooperation Agreements--Drug Convictions/ Failed to Disclose--Dirty Politics/ A list of political shenanigans a mile long. D1 deserves better than McGrath.

      Delete
    4. Give it a rest Jim. We know your running scared.

      Delete
  10. Vito opened a new campaign account? Waz up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mayor. Please look into why mr ruffian is so rude on the phone and doesn't speak to people in person. My solar panels are up now. His coworker Carlos was rude as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to email the Mayor directly or go ask to speak to him in person because otherwise your message will not get to him. Many people that KNOW Lou, know that he will follow up however there are others in his office that will make messages disappear. Seriously, go in person or email directly.

      Delete
  12. The man Carlo said he was the boss of code and was very rude and abrasive just trying to dave face for his coworker or assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlo is not a boss at all.

      Delete
    2. Dave is that you?

      Delete
    3. Nope. Carlo is just not a boss.

      Delete
    4. No I'm a friend of the person the city employee was rude to. The city needs mature adults in these positions.

      Delete
    5. Some "friend" you are.

      Delete
  13. The Saratogian, correction, the Troy Record is pretty bad. When John Gray is your best columnist, it like having a pitcher with a 4-20 record being the ace of your staff. The only reason to look at it is the Sound Off, and they don't run it every day.

    I do thank Jim for his blog, I wish he had the time and staff to put 3 or 4 news stories on it on a daily basis.

    The Record is so pitiful with its early deadline, you will not know who won the RPI game tomorrow morning. That is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gordon your still wet behind the ears there buddy.
    It was hilarious when I was up @ wards watching the Uncle Sam Parade like I have for the last five years and you came skulking by me all by your lonesome.
    You even said hi to me aah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha whats up with that Jim.
    Well funny things have been happening @ City Hall.
    Men in suits walking around computers wrapped up in plastic leaving and being put in the trunks of cars.
    Lots of people frantically texting and letting there handlers know that something is not rite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wards will never reopen. Thank you vito. Citizen of the year

      Delete
    2. Were you standing by the junk yard that will never open? Must have missed you

      Delete
  15. I was told that Bill Dunn Was abducted by a space ship for 10 hours and let go because he was of no use to them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where was Wiltshire for last nights vote? He did not vote last year either? You call it a financial crisis but go on vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done column/blog Jim Franco.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Randy Cooper for Mayor!

    ReplyDelete